Sunday, August 23, 2009

past it

Somewhere in the last few days, I broke through. Finally got past that post-California sort of backed-up feeling I'd been having. I'm now alternating between the gassy poo and the seaweed poo.

The gassy poo is a good thing to talk about. Often, when I say I defecated five times in one day, it will really mean that I had maybe half solid poos (big or small, whatever) and half gassy poos. Perhaps you know the type. Gas that feels too significant to not sit down on the pot. When you look at it, there's very little to point to and say, yes, that came out of me; maybe just some elements of brown scum floating at the top. Maybe a little small deposit straight down. These are the gassy poos.

The seaweed poo, for lack of a better term comes out a lot at a time. It's pretty loose, feels like it's going to go on forever, and usually has a high liquid content. When the flow stops, you're at first thinking, this is probably not really done yet. But after you get up and go elsewhere, it occurs to you that it was a pretty cathartic trip to the loo, you're pretty much cleaned out. This is in marked contrast to the gassy poo, which always comes in groups over the course of a day, and hence engenders the feeling that you're never done gassy pooing (until your poo type changes).

No comments:

Post a Comment