Saturday, February 25, 2012

say goodnight, ralphie

Regularity is not something I seek out. I'm fine making a poo whenever it needs to be done. There's often a sentimental attachment to BMing in certain parts of the day because this is how routines work.

That said, of late, I've fallen into a new routine, a routine I don't particularly relish. I've been taking a doo doo right before I go to sleep. That's one of my least favorite times to crap. Perhaps if you're a night showerer, which I am not. There's just something a little unclean to me about going to sleep having just moved your bowels.

This was not always my opinion of the night shits. I can remember at age 15 being at summer camp and thinking how the perfect day would end with a shit, a swim in a lake, and then bed. I think that was the order, it may have been swim, shit, sleep. Actually shaving was on there as well, I think it was the "shit/swim/shave", or if in a pinch the "shit/shower/shave". Any time from the late afternoon on, this was considered golden. There was some chatter amongst my chums about how nice this combination was. I'd appreciate a morning version of the "s.s.s." these days, but the evening one would have to be in a really specific place (geographically) to get me excited now.

No comments:

Post a Comment