Monday, March 11, 2019

current mood

Since last night I've been in a head space where Dickey Ride by the Southern Players has been kicking around. It's a catchy song. Very successful as a dance track. Also pretty sophomoric and stupid on some other levels. I shared the fact that it's in my head with my friend AL who introduced me to the song, but I feel the need to broadcast slightly louder that this is happening, hence, I'm posting about it here.

The connection to Doo Doo Bloggin is the line:

"Lemme' see that doo-doo brown"

For those of you who've read Doo Doo Bustin, the book that pre-dated this blog, you'll know I reference "doo-doo brown" as a possible concept in that book. So, maybe, I was just ripping the Southern Players off, or, you know, great minds, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment