Sunday, March 10, 2013

Doo Down Buster #2

More piping hot stuff from BM:


3.09.2013 11:30pm
I wish I had had a camera. I went to a friend of a friend of a friend's house here in Adelaide to use their pool and generally be sociable and relax before the grueling tech sessions and every day performances to come.
 
They had a beautiful house whose roof was covered in solar panels, to get there we took a free tram and passed a wonderful bar called WheatSheaf that hosted a music series which sounded amazing. Our generous and charming hosts had two children, three cats, a dog, and at least three chickens that I could count. Their house was an old halfway house for people just getting out of prison and about to re-enter the 'real world' that they had spent 3 years renovating and making it so green that the house literally pays for itself. They use almost no electricity or other forms of energy and even have an amazing fresh-water pool free of chemicals (didn't catch exactly how it works, a menacing looking shed nearby apparently purifies the water by shaking the molecules somehow).
 
I didn't poop here so I'm cheating a little. But it was an interesting bathroom experience. Their small boy who was obsessed with robots and wearing overalls with no shirt, shoes, or socks kept walked into the bathroom while I was using it without apology or surprise. Not only that, but he did it AGAIN while giving a tour of the house to others, almost leading everyone inside as I was relieving myself. Luckily I had just finished, I was zipping up my trousers when the door swung open and he loudly exclaimed "and this is our bathroom."
 
Nice kid. Nice house. I've decided corrogated metal roofs are the best way to go.
 
Doo Down Buster,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment